How do I file a corrected claim?

Ambetter has a specific process for filing a corrected claims, which must be followed. Please click here for that process. There are three steps:

    1. Handwrite "Corrected Claims" at the top of the CMS1500.
    2. Put a 7 in box 22 under Resubmission Code and the original claim number in box 22 under Original Ref No. These numbers cannot be written, they must be printed on the form.
    3. Send the form to ActivHealthCare so we can attach a copy of the original Explanation of Payment to the form and send it to Peach State Health Plan.
    OR, you can submit the correction electronically as an 837P. Refer to the Peach State Health Plan document memo for more instructions.